May 27, 2009

AzMan Tutorial Posts

AzMan has been part of my toolbelt for close to five years now. It all started back when I read a small article about it and saw it in an early version of some open-source code from Microsoft (pre EntLib days). I knew that this was a simple RBAC idea that would go far in the world of .NET. I jumped on it and have rolled it into many applications. I'll post some tutorials over the next few days on how to set it up and some code samples on how to access it as well.

One of the things that really bothered me about AzMan was the store location (lack of sql specifically). My conversation with Dave at Microsoft (he was the product manager back then) concluded with "...wait till Longhorn". Turns out, he was right as Windows 7 has the SQL approach. I'll update some code to show how to access it via SQL and update my original import/export script (which currently can be found here: AzMan Bulk Import/Export) to include it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment